larengreyumphlett.blogspot.com



To purchase the books "The Power of Perception" and "The Poetic Realities, The Poetic Fantasies" please visit Laren Grey Umphlett's Amazon author page:

Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Walden"

Some books go beyond simply being read. Some are read for a lifetime and for the rest of human existence. For me, I can pick up "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau and read any part of the book. I've been doing so for over twenty years and I will do so for twenty more. "Walden" is my bible. Every sentence is quotable. It is perfection and the greatest book ever written in my opinion.

"Walden" is a rich analysis of life and living written by transcendentalists Henry David Thoreau. It's an account of two years of simple living by Walden Pond near Concord in the mid 1800s.

Pick it up, turn to any page, and you will find a new way of seeing the world, comparable and relevant to any of the great books of history.

FREE Kindle version  of "Walden"

FREE PDF version of "Walden"

About Henry David Thoreau

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting."
-Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment